1141 Lynbrook Dr
Built in 1960 and designed by Charlotte modernist architect Alan Ingram, this home exemplifies the best of mid-century modern architecture; post and beam construction, vaulted ceilings with exposed beams, walls of glass, an open floor plan that creates flow as well as superb entertaining spaces and more intimate spaces for family gatherings. A glass “cube” sitting room and steel walkway over the front koi pond are only a few things that make this home unforgettable.
A master suite addition that blends seamlessly with the original home design was completed in 2009. Lovers of mid-century modern architecture will enjoy the fabulous original features as well as the modern master suite that provides 2 walk-in closets, beautiful master bath, and master bedroom with morning kitchen and a panoramic view to the outdoors.
Home is situated on a large lot with mature landscaping, a large level back yard with large patio areas. A great south Charlotte location that is ultra convenient to popular south Charlotte shopping/dining areas of Southpark, Cotswold Mall, Philips Place and Strawberry Hill. Easy Uptown Charlotte commute.
MLS Number: 3035417
Full Baths: 4
Style: Mid-Century Modern
Type: Split level
Subdivision: Sherwood Forest
Approx. Sq. Ft.: 3990
Parking: 2 car garage
Year Built: 1960
Features of Note
• 4000+ sq ft heated living area
• 5 bedrooms including a 2009 addition master suite
• 4 full bathrooms, 2 renovated with glass tiles, pebble floors, seamless glass shower and new tub, 1 original 60’s retro and a 2009 master bath addition
• Foyer with original slate floors and huge wall of storage closets
• Master Suite Addition includes: large master bedroom with morning kitchen, polished concrete floors and built in wraparound window seating, 2 walk-in closets, spa bathroom with garden tub, large glass walk-in shower, marble counter/floating vanity and private outdoor shower
• Sunken living room and raised platform dining room with bamboo flooring and original wood built ins and paneling detail
• Open concept kitchen with den, breakfast area, and stacked stone gas fireplace and custom butler's pantry
• Remote motorized Mecho window shades in the master suite and den
• Renovated kitchen with maple cabinetry, GE Monogram appliances, Subzero Refrigerator and original Chambers gas cooktop. Red quartz countertops and new glass tile backsplash
• Vaulted ceilings throughout with exposed beams and original tongue and groove wooden ceilings
• Original 1960’s ceiling lights, door hardware, floating staircase and bedroom closet doors with automatic lighting.
• Nelson ball light fixtures in master suite and breakfast area
• Multi zone HVAC, newly reconditioned with 2-year warranty
• Glass enclosed sun room
• 4 separate Patio areas
• Koi pond and Japanese garden with fountain, steel metal walkway, and floating staircase to entrance
• 2 car garage with new garage doors
• .75 acre lot with large private and level backyard
• Copper gutters, downspouts and copper capped outdoor exposed beams
• Fantastic south Charlotte location! Just minutes to Southpark shopping and dining, Cotswold Mall, Strawberry Hill and Phillips Place. Easy Uptown Charlotte commute.