3111 Spring Valley Road
Charlotte, NC 28210
Built in 1961, this home is a perfect example of mid-century modern design. The home has been totally renovated with true to the period 1960’s modern design elements while incorporating amenities for today’s modern lifestyle. The exposed beams were painted white with new sheet rock between for a clean modern look. The wood floors were stained ebony to offset the white vaulted ceilings. Even the front door is a custom reproduction of an “atomic ranch” front door and painted the perfect 1960’s Aqua. Thermal glass walls were added to the dining area for a more seamless connection to the outdoors. Interior doors were removed and replaced with sliding doors and custom modern industrial hardware. The living room looks out onto an enclosed river rock garden. Enjoy the outdoors relaxing on the side deck or back patio. The backyard guest house matches the homes MCM design and has a full bath and kitchenette; a perfect artist studio or home office.
Located close to Southpark which offers the best in Charlotte dining, shopping and entertainment. Walk to Huntingtowne Park Neighborhood Swim Club or short distance to the Harris YMCA.
Home was featured in Historic Charlotte’s Mid-Century Modern Home tour in the spring of 2009 as the perfect “Atomic Ranch Home”.
<object width="660" height="405"><param value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wGESmjc3zMc&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&hd=1&border=1" name="movie" /><param value="true" name="allowFullScreen" /><param value="always" name="allowscriptaccess" /><embed width="660" height="405" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wGESmjc3zMc&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&hd=1&border=1">
MLS Number: 916939
Bedrooms: 3 plus 1 bedroom in guesthouse
Full Baths: 2 plus 1 full bath in guesthouse
Type: Single Family
Subdivision: Spring Valley
Approx. Sq. Ft.: 1400-1700 + approx.
Parking: 2 Car Spaces
Year Built: 1961
Acreage: .47 Acre
Features of Note
- Standing Seam Metal Roof in 2008
- Upgraded electrical and plumbing systems
- Guest House with full bath, kitchenette and MCM architecture.
- Totally new modern kitchen with Ge Profile energy effecient stainless steel appliances.
- GE Advantium microwave with micro power control and oven capability
- Glass cook top with Broan Elite stainless hood
- Aqua blue glass ModWalls subway tile back splash
- Designer lighting and ceiling fans featuring 3 George Nelson bubble lights, Modern Fan Co. ceiling fans and Campbell Soup Can pendant lights
- New expanded master bath with double seamless glass shower , pebble stone flooring and ModWalls glass subway glass. HansGrohe fixtures.
- Master Bedroom with custom wardrobe.
- New guest bath with extra deep new tub, ModWalls glass tile to the ceiling.
- Custom front door by Crestview Doors
- Custom designed interior sliding doors and urban industrial modern hardware
- Designer wall panels with mod raised design
- River rock landscaping
- Large side deck and backyard patio and custom benches for outdoor relaxing
- large .5 acre level lot with fully fenced backyard
- This home has been totally redone with a Modern Eye toward every detail!